The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology.
We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation.
The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. We are equally dedicated to our customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty.
This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
Agoda Fraud team is looking for internship student who is interested be involved in design, operation and coding of our global-scale fraud detection systems required for the rapidly changing filed of online travel company.
What You Will Do
In This Role, You’ll Get to be part of:
- Design, develop and operate the solutions used by millions of people every day.
- Data Driven changes to the application.
- Constantly look for ways to improve our products, code-based and development practices.
- Write great code and help others write great code.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems/Engineering/related field or relevant experience.
- Strong coding ability.
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- Communicate well in English.
- Able to quickly and effectively read code.
- Ability to separate hype from reality.
It’s Great If You Have:
- Any experience with ‘Big Data’ technologies / tools.
- Strong experience in JVM languages (Java / Scala in particular).
- Experience working with open-source products.
- Working in an agile environment using test driven methodologies.
- Experience using Git.
A few of the technologies we use - React, Scala, Play, Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Impala, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Grafana, MSSQL.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering Software, Information Systems,...
- Closing Date:24th Feb 2022, 6:00 pm