The IT Infrastructure team operates all networks, servers, and storage platforms used to deliver services to Agoda’s customers. We support every product within the company, working with a wide range of systems and technology stacks.
As part of the IT Infrastructure team, you’ll be working with over 25,000 server instances, one of the largest OpenStack private clouds in Asia, sophisticated Kubernetes-based compute engines, and a data platform capable of transporting and ingesting millions of data messages per second. Each of these opportunities – coupled with an open work environment – are a great way to gain experience on a modern and dynamic platform, constantly evolving to adapt to changes in the business landscape.
Our infrastructure team in Bangkok is searching for a Software Developer to help us build services to scale and manage our infrastructure.
We are looking for somebody interested in infrastructure system development, writing code to interface with the system management APIs exposed by OpenStack, Ceph, Kubernetes, etc.
What You Will Do
- Actively participate in the engineering and development process for Agoda’s internal private cloud stack, with primary focus on development of automation tools for infrastructure lifecycle management.
- Work with peers and stakeholders (Infrastructure management/team members, software development managers, database operations teams) to gather requirements and develop software/tools to support the needs of the business in an Agile scrum environment.
- Write and update documentation systems being developed.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Some system development experience (Python, GoLang or similar).
- Knowledge of some web development frameworks (front/back end), programming libraries and protocols (Django, Flask, React, JQuery, HTML, CSS, AJAX, RESTful APIs etc.).
- Development in a CI/CD, observability-focused environment.
- Self-motivated, approachable and adaptable, with good communication skills (working language is English).
It’s Great if you have:
- Familiarity with using open source projects, or contributing to open source projects.
- Experience collaborating with developers and operations in DevOps enabled environments.
- Able to work under pressure and deliver projects on time.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering Software, Information Technology
- Closing Date:21st Dec 2021, 6:00 pm