Join us as an Intern in one of the Data Platform Teams which together manage the data infrastructure serving as the core backbone for all Agoda’s Data needs.
The Data Platform spans four teams:
- Data Pipeline - Maintaining large scale Data Pipelines spanning trillions of events a day across multiple Data Centers.
- Data Lake Operations - Administering our massive Hadoop Data Lakes at ~30+ PB scale for our data storage and computational needs.
- Data Applications - Creating self-service data tools/apps (e.g., ETL, Synchronization Tools, Discoverability Tools, Data Quality Tools etc.) for use by anyone in Agoda.
- Data Experience - Promoting Data Democratization and Usage through intuitive Web UIs that make it easy for any Agoda employee to interact with data.
If you are interested in Data Engineering and Big Data, then this is the right internship program for you. You’ll have opportunity to work with large distributed system such as Apache Kafka, Elasticsearch, Hadoop, Object Storage, Spark, Docker, Kubernetes etc.
What You Will Do
- Start off by learning about our Systems, going through the onboarding courses (based off one of the 4 teams that you’ll join).
- Based on your interests, you’ll have an opportunity to choose which components you would like to work on. At which point, you’ll be assigned a mentor. Together, you’ll then decide on an internship project and go through the full development cycle within the course of your internship.
- You will take a project from ideation all the way to production. You would come up with an idea, develop a proof of concept, write tests, build dashboards, make your code production ready, deploy to production, debug issues, and learn how to automate everything.
- Come out at the end of the Internship shipping real code, understanding what it takes to deal with TB to PB worth of data, how to design good and scalable software, learning more about large distributed systems, and seeing your code run in Production.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Be an Undergraduate / Graduate in an IT related / Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- Good communication skills, Fast learner, Positive and Open Attitude.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Strong English speaking and writing skills.
It’s Great if you have:
Knowledge and experiences in Big Data such as Hadoop, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Information Technology
- Closing Date:21st Dec 2021, 6:00 pm