Agoda is looking for internship student who is interested to know how we manage database infrastructure for 1000+ database servers with milliseconds response time and more than 99.9999% uptime including SQL (MSSQL, and PostgreSQL) & NoSQL (Cassandra, ScyllaDB, Couchbase, ElasticSearch, and Graphite).
You will be involved in the database design, data managing and database development with automated database Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines. You will learn how to build docker image for product development team in order to use in their development life cycle.
What You Will Do
- Build database docker in different engines to provide for developer to use in their development.
- Develop database SQL code with quality and performance optimization.
- Setup migrate and re-architect Agoda production database to support business growth.
- Proactive monitoring to detect unusual behavior on production database i.e., high query resource usage, unusual database traffic, database server capacity and coordinate with Engineering team to optimize query performance before it affects to user experience.
- Research and implement automation tool to help reduce human time on daily basis i.e., Installation and upgrade tool, Database deployment tool, Anomaly Detection, etc.
Required Skills and Abilities
- B.Sc. in Computer Science / Information Systems / Computer Engineering or related field.
- Understand database design concept, ER diagram and ability to write SQL query.
- Love to solve problem with good analysis skill and always try to make thing better.
- Familiar with relational and/or non-relational databases.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication.
It’s Great if you have:
- Have knowledge about database high availability or query performance tuning.
- Familiar with NoSQL data engines.
- Knowledge in Docker or Kubernates.
- Practical knowledge with database management, Windows, Powershell, Linux and shell script.
- Proficient in Python.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Data Science and Analytics,...
- Closing Date:21st Dec 2021, 6:00 pm