Internship IXL Application Engineer - Software Engineering/Information Systems
Purpose of the Job:
- Implement and deliver the signalling wayside specific application product e.g., Interlocking Site data Product, Balise application product and all related technical tasks assigned according to signalling wayside specific application engineering process. Experience in railway signalling principles, techniques and associated products (Interlocking, Traffic Management System, Safety, Quality etc.) is a plus.
- Perform independent design and test of interlocking site data product and provide the evidence documentation of review results, test record and test report.
- Coordinate to work package leader and other team member to ensure the design requirement and project milestones are realized and aligned.
- Technical support to projects, team members and other interface functional teams.
What You Will Do
- Deliver project specific application work deliverables. This will include implementing of design and Test (both manual and automatic test) of Interlocking site data product with quality, safety and within budget against project scope and project schedule.
- Working on the design requirements, interfacing with different stakeholders both internal and external team for getting the completeness of the design inputs.
- Provide the documentation evidence of the review results, test record or test report, impact analysis of the errors and writing the error reports or create NCRs.
- Participate in project activities such as client meetings, internal progress meetings and customer support initiatives.
- Undertake regular meetings with Work Package Leader and team leader to understand current project status and identify critical issues and manage through to resolution.
- Share lesson learned by present finding errors / provide objective feedback to develop team and communicate the findings to colleagues.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Graduated in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Information System and Computer Sciences.
Relevant experience required:
- 0-3 year working experience in related field.
- Experience in railway signalling fields will be advantage.
- Have a basic knowledge of SQL Command, programming and logical thinking.
- Self-starter, good interpersonal skills, effective communication skills, and work well with deadline and can work overtime if required.
- Good understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Good interpersonal skill, good command of both speaking & written English.
- Good team player, but also able to work under own initiative.
- High responsibility and good analytical skills with good problem-solving abilities.
- Flexible, self-learning, self-motivated, team-player, willing to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Experience in coding and decoding will be advantage.
- Familiarizing in Configuration management and Requirement management tool will be advantage.
- Understand test methodology and have skills and experience in C languages, SQL, Python and Software Testing will be advantage.
- Skill in Unix, Linux and Network & Communication will be appreciated.
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions.
Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility.
That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations.
Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Computer Science, Engineering Software, Information Systems
- Closing Date:30th Mar 2023, 6:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.