Want to work for a company that invests in innovation and people who catalyze impact in the built environment? Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list, which honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels.
We find solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You’d be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Arup’s specialist acoustics, audiovisual, noise, and vibration team solves complex problems in the built and urban environment, from concert halls to high speed railways.
Arup’s specialist Audiovisual, sound system, and multimedia design team is involved in cutting edge projects from interactive museums, high-end corporate events spaces, large scale LED installations, to stadium, arena and concert hall AV systems.
What You Will Do
- Undertake 3D modelling, analytical research and calculations, design work, measurement of noise and vibration
- Assist with preparation of reports, drawings, sketches, models
- Visit project sites for inspections, measurements, commissioning, and testing
- Develop, document, and present concepts and designs using 2D and 3D drawing tools
- Interpret and apply codes and standard
- Review engineering and architectural drawings
- Participate in meetings, design reviews, and coordination sessions with clients and design teams
- Develop solutions to design issues using listening, critical thinking, application of knowledge, and visual demonstrations to clients
- Demonstrate consideration of quality, cost and time prior to taking action
- Network with internal and external parties effectively, demonstrating a polite, open, honest and fair approach
- Collaborate with local and international teams effectively
Required Skills and Abilities
- Recognized relevant tertiary qualifications in Engineering or Science (Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Acoustics, Physics and etc.) or similar area;
- Minimum 1 year of relevant industry experience in providing specialist technical acoustics design advice within a consulting business environment
- Skills in planning and organizing
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
- Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, and eagerness to learn
- Evidence of past internship or extracurricular activity in the field
- History of technical presentations and technical writing
- Effective written communication and report writing
- Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
- Proven ability to perform in a deadline environment
- The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work
- Exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
- Ability to maintain personal effectiveness particularly during periods of higher than normal workload;
- Ability to remain positively motivated and foster team spirit at times of significant pressure, including assisting others to meet deadlines;
- Knowledge of fundamental of acoustics, fundamentals of vibration, engineering acoustics, noise control, digital signal processing, electroacoustics, audiovisual control system programming, audio DSP programming, human responses to acoustics and vibration
- Acoustic and electroacoustic modeling experience: CATT, EAST, Odeon
- Experience with recording, sound design, Foley, music for films, 3D sound, multimedia, interactive or generative sound design, live sound, video production, production/staging
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Civil Structural, Engineering Electrical,...
- Closing Date:29th May 2022, 3:59 pm