At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward. For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We’re makers, inventors, and leaders who aren’t afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
What You Will Do
- Working as a crew member deploying Baker Hughes tools and services, including direct liaison with customers’ representatives and Baker Hughes shore-based Operations Managers.
- Participating in finding solutions to complex technical problems through direct, hands-on work.
- Preparing tools and equipment prior to outbound shipment to the well site.
- Receiving inbound equipment and correctly documenting inventory.
- Providing direct support for tenders including data analysis and cost estimates.
- Supporting invoicing activities to ensure that revenue is secured in the required timeframes.
- Actively engaging in job shadowing opportunities with Sales Managers, Operations Managers and Engineering Managers to understand their activities as the basis of developing business acumen and a holistic understanding of Baker Hughes activities. Completing all training assignments to the required standards.
- Rigorously apply Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) standards in all situations using Baker Hughes systems and procedures in service of maintaining and further developing the safety culture.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Fluency in English (oral and written).
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 out of 4.0 GPA or equivalent.
- A minimum of a BS or MS degree in Engineering, Mechanics and or Applied Sciences.
- Maximum 3 years post Bachelor’s or Master’s degree experience.
- Geographically mobile (locations vary).
- Legal right to work in the country in which you have applied without company sponsorship or time restriction.
- Internship experience in your discipline.
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication, integrity, critical thinking/analytical skills, agility/flexibility, a continuous learning mindset, accountability, teamwork and collaboration, strong interpersonal and leadership skills, drive for results, and initiative. Passion to be in a field environment.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:31st Mar 2020, 6:00 pm