Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries.
With a presence in Asia Pacific for more than 60 years, Bank of America Merrill Lynch combines local knowledge and global expertise to offer market-leading products and services across Global Banking and Markets. Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia. Hong Kong and Singapore being our big hubs in the regions but our presence in the South-East Asia countries (Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand and Singapore) is prominent as well.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business.
In its 3rd year of success, the LTDP program focuses on hiring diverse and local talent in the SEA countries. This program has helped us:
- Attract graduates and junior talent into the local workforce,
- Create opportunities for overseas graduates/junior talent wanting to return to their home country and contribute to the local economy and develop resources for the local banking environment.
- It also gives an opportunity to work and gain experience in the “World’s Best Bank” and “Asia’s best bank for Corporate Social Responsibility” – all recent awards by Euromoney
Bank of America Fixed Income, Commodities and Currencies (FICC) trading desk is seeking a local talent to join the team. This role requires a detailed understanding of trading strategies whilst working within clearly defined risk parameters. Candidates will be expected to analyze complex situations, and be capable of critical thinking in a time sensitive manner. The job will be based in Thailand and working within a busy and dynamic team, this role requires a capable individual help drive growth across the desk.
What you will do
- This role sits within the front office and will be working in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment. You will cover institutional accounts and make markets in your group's particular range of products. You will be managing risk, liquidity and exposure and you will support and manage all aspects of the trading desk: pre-trade analysis, research on index constituent changes, inbound and outbound trade processing and the design of optimal strategies for large trades. Tracking supply and demand, you constantly evaluate market developments in order to give clients accurate product information.
- Provide a meaningful contribution to revenue and client franchise; Exploit revenue and minimize loss potential.
- Leverage technology and analytics to drive pricing/hedging as well as idea generation
- Understand market drivers (of those markets in which involved), market moves, and the numbers behind it all, as well as cross-asset implications
- Exhibit sound judgment under pressure and maintain composure through challenging trading environments
- Know the implications of events on the entire trading desk, anticipate market outcomes; Outperform the market and competition through thorough understanding of fundamental and technical aspects of market
- Understand drivers of relevant markets and establish a high degree of competence with clients around executing trades
- Engage others in active dialogue; Drive group involvement; build active collaboration with and trust of clients and internal constituencies
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Knowledge of markets, with particular focus on fixed income, global interest rates and foreign exchange markets.
- Technical aptitude within fixed income, global interest rates and foreign exchange products.
- Intuitive understanding of macroeconomic theory, monetary and fiscal policy and their respective impact upon markets.
- Solid quantitative and analytical skills, the ability to think quickly and make sound decisions in high stress situations
- Passion for financial markets and a fast-paced environment.
- Solid written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Driven and an action oriented
- Ideally proficient with Bloomberg, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:20th Jul 2019, 6:00 pm