2023 - Project Controls Intern - Construction
The Black & Veatch Summer Internship Program is designed to provide the following to students:
- Experience in a working environment.
- Meaningful work assignments.
- Introduction to Black & Veatch corporate culture.
- Chance to network with experienced executives, leading professionals, and peers.
- Opportunity to learn and expand classroom theory into practice.
- Earn excellent hourly wage.
For Black & Veatch it's designed to provide:
- Supervisors/Managers with opportunity to assess student's skills and abilities.
- Source of potential future talent for organization.
- Foster relationships with colleges and universities.
What You Will Do
- Assist with Engineer Procure Construct projects and/or perform scheduling work.
- Perform routine aspects of planning/scheduling, business systems data maintenance, cost engineering, and/or contract administration assignments requiring knowledge and application of basic project controls principles.
- Using prescribed methods, perform specific and limited portions of planning/scheduling, business systems maintenance, cost engineering, and/or contract administration assignments.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Analytical skills.
- Communications skills, both written and oral.
- Self-starter, highly motivated.
- Attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Mathematical skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Computer skills.
- Current enrollment in ABET accredited university in Engineering, Finance, accredited university in Construction Management, or related discipline program.
- No experience required.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Join us and take ownership of your career, your future and your success.
Together, We Thrive:
Our people are Black & Veatch. That’s why we prioritize our employees’ physical, mental, financial and overall well-being, offering some of the most competitive benefits in the industry.
A World of Opportunity:
As a global company serving a multitude of markets, our rotation programs allow you to own your career. You provide the passion, we provide you the structure to work across global teams, explore new areas of interest and get to a place you may not have imagined alongside colleagues and mentors who support your growth and invest in helping you pursue your potential.
Explore a world of opportunity within a single company.
Black & Veatch is an employee-owned, global leader in building critical human infrastructure in Energy, Water, Telecommunications and Government Services.
Since 1915, we have helped our clients improve the lives of people in over 100 countries through consulting, engineering, construction, operations and program management. Our revenues in 2018 were US $3.5 billion.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:22nd Feb 2023, 6:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.