The Summer Internship Program is designed to provide the following to students:
- Experience in a working environment
- Meaningful work assignments
- Introduction to Black & Veatch corporate culture
- Chance to network with experienced executives and leaders
What you will do
- Develop, evaluate, and design specifications and contract drawings.
- Perform variety of tasks to support engineering analyses, report production, and designs.
- Prepare basic calculations. Assist in basic equipment selection.
- Coordinate with other disciplines. Schedule project deliverables.
- Collect, organize, and evaluate data.
- Analyze systems utilizing computer modeling.
- Organize and file project materials and references.
- Individual contributor with no subordinates.
Required Skills and Abilities
No experience required. Current enrollment in ABET accredited university in Civil Engineering program with emphasis in Structural, Environmental, Transportation, or Geotechnical. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Analytical skills
- Communications skills, both written and oral
- Self starter, highly motivated
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Mathematical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Computer skills
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.