Pushing the frontiers of technology is what drives us here at Expedia Group. It’s what made us the world’s largest online travel company. Across every continent (even Antarctica), we link travelers to 750,000 hotels, hundreds of airlines, and countless destination service partners. To do this, we need the smartest solutions and the most up-to-date technology. At Expedia Group, we have some of the best technological minds at work finding ways to make travel easier.
Our system is designed to simplify traveler’s journeys. We want people to spend more time looking out the window than at their screens. We want them to have a stress-free journey, secure in the knowledge that they found the best deal for them. We make that happen by continually improving our technology. A commitment to innovation ensures that we’re always tinkering with what we have, trying to bring travelers one step closer to their dream destination.
Expedia Group is looking for highly talented Associate Software Development Engineer Interns. We are building the foundation to empower our end-users to share opinions, photos, and other user-generated content with Expedia Group, and in turn to empower our service consumers to customize websites with social media and user generated content.
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop, debug, and modify components of software applications and tools
- Contribute to requirement definition process
- Drive technical implementation at the application/product level for small projects
- Work with support to design, spec, and schedule a component or feature
- Provide quality implementation and testing of a component or feature with peer and manager support
- Provide improvements to solutions for a given problem
- Resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur with help from peers or managers. Follow through on details and drive issues to closure with help from peers or managers.
- Support development of documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
- Collaborate with and learn from all members of technical staff
Who you are:
- Pursuing a Bachelor of Arts / Science or Bachelor of Engineering / Technology degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline is preferred, graduating in 2020
- General understanding of the software development life cycle and agile development methodology
- Strong object-oriented programming, comfortable with front-end development and design skills in any language. More preference is placed on Java but talent trumps languages
- Ability to debug code and understanding of unit testing concepts
- Passion for building high-quality software quickly through iterative development
- Experience with web services and service-oriented architecture is preferred
- Ability to prioritize and work independently as well as in a team environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and able to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Critical thinking: there are always options; you will be adept at identifying them, evaluating options and concisely communicate them to your peers
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Engineering Electrical, Engineering...
Beijing (China), Guangzhou...
- Closing Date:18th Feb 2019, 2:07 am