Mott MacDonald Thailand is seeking a Graduate Wind Energy Yield Analyst to join our team in Bangkok.
This role is to enhance capabilities and increase resources of the Wind Energy team to meet the demand of the fast-growing wind energy market in APAC region.
The team is responsible to support developers, investors, operators or lenders for the wind energy projects across the region, from early feasibility phase to development, construction and operation.
What You Will Do
The successful candidate will be responsible for the completion of a wide range of analysis tasks, including but not limited to:
- Site feasibility assessments (wind resource and production).
- Measurement campaign design/specification.
- Site design optimization (wind turbine selection, layout design, etc.).
- Wind resource assessment using the data collected from measurement devices including meteorological masts and remote sensing devices.
- Energy yield assessment, pre-construction and operational, for wind projects in line with industry best practice.
- Site suitability assessment in line with international standards in support of wind turbine contract.
- Writing technical reports and communicating results to clients.
- Collaborating on the preparation of service proposals and follow up with clients as required.
- Collaborating and briefing with colleagues worldwide on technical topics.
- Support the continued development of Mott MacDonald’s energy analysis methodology, processes and tools.
- Site Visits.
Required Skills and Abilities
- University degree in Mathematics, Physics, Meteorology or relevant Engineering fields.
- Strong overall computer skills, high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
- Previous experience in wind analysis and software not essential but an advantage.
- Visual basic and macro writing experience or willingness to develop programming skills an advantage.
- Good knowledge in aerodynamics desirable.
- Knowledge of GIS, mapping tools and map formats desirable.
- Experience in technical advisory/consulting industry desirable.
- Highly analytical, with attention to detail and ability to think independently and exercise engineering judgement.
- Demonstrate initiative to solve problems and provide innovative ideas.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical audience.
- Multitasking skills, with the ability to effectively perform different tasks.
- Ability to maintain a high level of quality while working under pressure.
- Willingness to learn and get involved in international projects.
We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our team.
We are a unique group of experts who work on high-profile projects all around the world that address some of the world’s most pressing issues.
We are looking for enthusiastic, inspiring, and committed people to join our growing team so we can continue extending our track record. In return, we’ll offer you the opportunity to develop your career alongside great people and work on fascinating projects that will change our communities and improve social outcomes.
Mott MacDonald is a management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and has a global reach spanning six continents.
Our network of 180 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by a world-class expertise to deliver technical excellence for our clients.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:6th Dec 2022, 6:00 pm