What You Will Do
- Working with level Design and Equipment Integration engineers in designing and improving cleaning equipment efficiency.
- Research and document component parts to generate a BOM (bill of materials).
- Hands-on experience in performing thermal, acoustic, electrical, and mechanical testing of components and systems to validate and generate the test reports for the design against program requirements.
- Portions of this job will be in a lab / cleanroom environment validating and qualifying conceptual designs and prototype product implementations.
- Designs portions of engineering solutions for mechanical and thermal hardware, electronics enclosures, and production tooling based on established engineering principles and in accordance with provided specifications and requirements.
- Implements established test plans for existing designs, including validation of tolerances, form/fit/function, shock and vibration, electromagnetic interference, safety, reliability, developing fan curves, system power measurements & acoustics.
- Develops understanding of and relationship with internal and outsourced development partners on mechanical and thermal design and development.
- Participates as a member of project team of other mechanical hardware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high-quality solutions for low to moderately- complex products.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Pursuing a BS/MS degree with a major in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical/Product Design Engineering program.
- Must have completed Sophomore or above academic level.
- Experience or training in solid modelling software CREO/PTC and Solid works helpful.
- Experience of coursework in Electronics Packaging is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of electrical principles and electronic components.
- Basic element analysis experience is preferred.
- Experience or understanding of 3D CAD software as a mechanical design tool.
Your experience includes:
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of design for sheet metal and plastic parts and associated production tooling and processes.
- Understanding of thermal properties of materials and heat transfer.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and the local language.
About our group:
Equipment Development Engineering department is providing new technology solutions and equipment efficiency improvement to enhance and sustain OEE, i.e., Yield, UPH, Downtime as well as CTQs performance of L-slider Assembly, HGA assembly and cleaning machines position HAMR product lead in the HDD market.
With more than four decades of storage innovation, Seagate empowers humanity to thrive in the data age and helps people and businesses navigate the ever-expanding data landscape.
We craft precision-engineered, cutting-edge solutions that help the world store and manage exponential data growth.
Seagate is powered by our talented, passionate, and diverse workforce of 40,000 employees across the globe who embody our core values: integrity, innovation, and inclusion. Striving towards excellence every single day, we show up with these values for our customers, business partners, shareholders, and communities alike.
Join us and get inspired to make a difference in the datasphere!
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Engineering Mechanical
- Closing Date:12th Oct 2023, 6:00 pm