Recording Head Technology wDVL Engineering Integration & Test Engineering Intern
The RHT wDVL Development EI and TE is under Characterization and Analysis Group (CAG) for Research and Development manages drive-test setups and analyzes testing results on overall new head designs to feedback the performance and reliability to the head design team for further development.
We work closely with both cross site and internal teams including Designers in USA-NRM and UK-STST, CAG-NRM, Drive Test Development Engineering, Data analytics, Process, Production, Planner, FA, Component Engineering Integration and r/mDVL MI.
What You Will Do
- Being responsible to include the requirement from design team into the test setup and plan the experiment, monitor the result, analyze data, develop the activities to feedback design aspect and manage conflicting deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Collaborate and work for Engineering Integration of new head design research and development including new design analysis and feedback for Product Improvement and Engineering Evaluation before Production Qualification and New Product Launch.
- Manage design experiment requests and provide the first level data analysis (JMP, EXCEL Macro, SQL, Tableau) including leading the activities of electrical and physical failure analysis by working with cross-functional teams.
- Discuss with the design team in case of further investigation and/or engineering evaluation.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Open-minded and good attitude.
- Good at data analytical skills.
- Fluent in English.
Your experience includes:
- Experience or Background in Hard Disk Drives is preferable.
- Scripting with JMP, Python, SQL is advantages.
- Statistical Reliability Assessment is advantages.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Good presentation skills.
With more than four decades of storage innovation, Seagate empowers humanity to thrive in the data age and helps people and businesses navigate the ever-expanding data landscape.
We craft precision-engineered, cutting-edge solutions that help the world store and manage exponential data growth.
Seagate is powered by our talented, passionate, and diverse workforce of 40,000 employees across the globe who embody our core values: integrity, innovation, and inclusion. Striving towards excellence every single day, we show up with these values for our customers, business partners, shareholders, and communities alike.
Join us and get inspired to make a difference in the datasphere!
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:9th Mar 2023, 6:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.