We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Control Systems team within the Siemens Mobility Signaling Design Team in Bangkok.
As a Control Systems Engineer, you will work through the implementation of projects to deliver a technical solution which meets the customers’ needs and complies with industry specifications.
What You Will Do
The role will include working as part of a team of developers, tackling various tasks within that team during the development of a large-scale applications. Supporting the delivery of Control Systems products, helping to identify and develop solutions for application data production through automation.
- Design and engineer system configuration including control system HMI, Database, Train control system and application components to meet customer requirements.
- Assemble and configure hardware components; and support the development and maintenance of design templates and tools.
- Provide remote and on-site support to field teams installing and maintaining complex control system solutions.
- Lead small design teams, assist in the mentoring and development of entry level engineering staff.
- Verification of OCS designs and ensure technical and safety standards are maintained in all aspects of OCS system work; and meet all functional and configuration requirements.
- Follow design and project quality processes; and provide advice and interface to signaling design teams
- Provide input to and production of functional design documentation including system requirements and architecture, interface control, block design, and analyses as appropriate.
- Ensure design compliance through requirement traceability; and OCS designs meet client’s technical, operational and compliance requirements.
- Identify and raise any potential concerns that could impact Quality, Cost and Delivery; and assist the resolution of design non-conformances.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related/relevant field.
- Knowledge of railway industry for Operational Control System.
- Working knowledge of Linux Operating system and programming in Object Oriented Languages such as C#/C++, proven experience in Agile methodology and practices.
- Can read and understand programming language/code such as Java Script, Python, C#/C++, XML would be highly regarded.
- Not required to do programming or coding.
- Good oral and written communications, ability to work in a team and independently, ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge and/or experience with configuration management tools, requirements management tools and product specific toolset.
From locomotives, trains and trams to rail infrastructure including ERTMS, CBTC, PTC, electrification, communications, control systems and signaling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand.
As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
As global entrepreneurs and an independent company of Siemens AG for more than 160 years, we are moving people sustainably and seamlessly from the first mile to the last.
We know that what brings us together is a unique culture, our passion for mobility, and a culture of excellence and trust.
We shape the future of mobility and move beyond!
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Engineering Electrical
- Closing Date:6th Dec 2022, 6:00 pm