As an intern, in the summer before your final year as a student, you'll work directly on real world problems to hone your skills, create lasting relationships and learn about your strengths. The Formal Internship Programme is intended to create a pipeline to the International Graduate Programme.
Formal Internship Programme
- The Formal Internship Programme is the Bank’s structured Internship programme. These Internships typically take place during June – August.
- All interns will join a Standard Chartered country induction, receiving a welcome to the Bank.
- During the internship, interns will be exposed to the inner workings of our business to provide real work experience.
- Interns will be paired up with a buddy from the International Graduate Programme to set you up for success during your internship and provide you insights into what could be your next role as an IG.
- High performing Interns will be eligible for placement in the Bank’s International Graduate Programme.
We recruit Interns for the following business areas:
- Commercial Banking
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Markets
- Global Banking
- Transaction Banking
- Retail Banking
- Wealth Management
- Risk and Compliance
- Information Technology and Operations
We will only consider candidates who have the legal right to work in the country to which they are applying. If candidates are applying for a role in the UAE, we may consider applications from nationals of Middle Eastern and North African countries.
Interns must be in their penultimate (second to last) year of study. We will accept internship applications from final year students who are required to complete mandatory National or Military service after graduation.
The Bank does not sponsor work permits for the purposes of Internships.
All Interns participating in the Bank’s Formal Internship Programme will be evaluated during 10th week of employment. Evaluations will be used in final recruitment decisions for the International Graduate Programme with an aim to provide an offer before the internship is completed.