This is a developmental role aimed at enabling the individual to gain the knowledge and skills required to progress into a role that suits the individual’s skills and business requirements.
Based within the Commercial team, initial training will last approximately 24 months and be a combination of on-the-job training, formal training courses and one-to-one training with Syngenta staff from across the business. There will also be one-to-one training from people outside the company.
The training program is wide-reaching and will give the technical and commercial knowledge needed to progress into a number of different roles. It will also give strong training in presentation, communication and IT skills that are needed to be successful.
During the period the trainee will be given projects to work on which will give them the experience and confidence of most areas of Syngenta. The role the trainee takes after the training period will depend on a combination of the needs of Syngenta and the individual. The skills and interests of the individual will be taken into account.
Career development from this role is expected and we will encourage learning and development throughout.
What You Will Do
- The individual will take responsibility for a range of Sales & Marketing activities in all crop protection and seed disciplines.
- The individual will take responsibility for an agreed number of commercial activities and projects.
- To provide data interpretation, (scientific), data recommendations (project next steps) and data use (commercial / campaign) to the business.
- Build a relationship with and become a key contributor with the Syngenta sales team.
- To deliver on agreed project management responsibilities.
- To develop communication, sales and influencing skills
Required Skills and Abilities
- Educated to degree level in Agriculture, or a Biological Science or related subject.
- Basic IT skills including use of Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in English.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
- Closing Date:25th Jan 2019, 6:00 pm